Wesleyan Homes Inc. is looking for a Certified Nurse Aide to work Part Time/12 hours shifts/Saturday and Sunday for its Skilled Nursing Department.
Located in beautiful, historic Georgetown Texas, Wesleyan Homes has served Central Texas since 1962. Since then, Wesleyan Homes has built a new generation of facilities while continuing its rich reputation for providing incomparable services to senior adults.
Wesleyan Homes enjoys an excellent reputation for quality care and it is due in part to the dedication, spirit and loyalty of our employees.
We offer exceptional benefits such as 401K and medical.
* Must possess current Nurse Aide Certificate from Texas Department of Health and must keep Certificate current.
* Must be in good physical and mental condition and willing to work with the aged population.
* Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm and be able to handle residents based on whatever maturity, cognitive and medical/physical level they are currently functioning.
* Must have the ability to work despite frequent interruptions.
* Must be able to take directions and supervision, follow directions and to work on a team providing care and general functions of a nursing unit.
* Must be able to deal in a professional manner with coworkers, residents, resident family members, visitors, etc. * Deal with possible agitated and confused residents that at times can become physically aggressive. * Perform light housekeeping chores in order to keep the residents room and unit within the standards of neatness and cleanliness required by the Nursing Home and regulatory agencies. * See to appropriate resident needs promptly and efficiently. * Supervise and assist residents with prescribed meals as needed. * Check and record vital signs as directed. * Report any unusual symptoms (temperature, rash, etc.) to Charge Nurse. * Report any accidents or incidents to Charge Nurse (falls, etc.) * Perform all Nursing Aide procedures as directed in accordance with job description and instructions from Charge Nurse.
Encourage and motivate resident to participate in recreational, occupational, and physical therapy to promote activity of mind and body and other activities of daily living.
Associated topics: bsn, care, care unit, coronary, infusion, mhb, registed, registered nurse, staff nurse, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.