To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* CDI Specialist must display teamwork and commitment while performing daily duties * Must demonstrate initiative and discipline in time management and medical record review * Travel may be required to meet the needs of the facilities * Advanced knowledge of Medicare Part A and familiar with Medicare Part B * Intermediate knowledge of disease pathophysiology and drug utilization * Intermediate knowledge of MS-DRG classification and reimbursement structures * Critical thinking, problem solving and deductive reasoning skills * Effective written and verbal communication skills * Knowledge of coding compliance and regulatory standards * Excellent organizational skills for initiation and maintenance of efficient work flow * Regular and reliable attendance and time reporting per Conifer Telecommuting program requirements * Capacity to work independently in a virtual office setting or at facility setting if required to travel for assignment * Understand and communicate documentation strategies * Recognize opportunities for documentation improvement * Formulate clinically, compliant credible queries * Ability to maintain an auditing and monitoring program as a means to measure query process * Ability to apply coding conventions, official guidelines, and Coding Clinic advice to health record documentation
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
* Preferred: Acute Care nursing relevant experience * Zero (0) to two (2) years experience * Graduate from a Nursing program, BSN, or graduate
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Active state Registered Nurse license
* Preferred: CDIP or CCDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time
* Must be able to efficiently use computer keyboard and mouse
* Good visual acuity
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to travel nationally as needed, not to exceed 10%
Conifer Health Solutions
Associated topics: care unit, coronary, infusion, intensive care, maternal, mhb, registed, surgery, surgical, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.