Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you?ll be part of a team that?s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you?ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients?and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system.? Parkland has earned distinction as one of America?s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Coordinates patient care and clerical needs by acting as the primary contact for the unit, while assisting and responding to information requests from doctors, nurses, patients, patient families and others to effectively service unit staff and customers by providing a permanent information resource within the unit.
- Must have completed a formal nurse aide course; OR,
- Must have a medical assistant certificate; OR
- Must be a currently enrolled in an accredited school of professional nursing and must have documentation of basic fundamentals of nursing from the school; OR,
- Must have one year of related clerical experience; OR,
- Must successfully complete Parkland?s job specific training program.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in performing a variety of patient care and clerical duties.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with personnel of other departments, nurses, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexible work habits and skill at setting priorities.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm and eagerness to perform a variety of assigned duties.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient center/patient valued behaviors. Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
As the community hospital for Dallas, Parkland's tradition of providing exceptional care stretches back for more than a century. Many of Parkland's specialty areas have garnered national praise for excellence in care, research and technological innovation. Every step of the way, our talented professionals have maintained the highest standards of service and performance, recognizing the intrinsic worth of each patient and the importance of every interaction.
Parkland Health & Hospital System first opened its doors in 1894 and is now one of the largest public hospital systems in the country. Services include a Level I Trauma Center, the second largest civilian burn center in the U.S. and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Parkland is the primary teaching hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Despite our growth, our mission and vision remain the same - to care for you and your family. At Parkland, our patients are at the heart of everything we do.